KEEPING YOU UP-TO-DATE
- The 7th Annual Miles Over Melanoma will be Saturday, May 10, 2014 at Queeny Park in St. Louis, MO. Online registration has ended but walk-ups are more than welcome on Saturday! More details below in the Our Events section.
- Our M.O.M., Inc. is the winner of the 2012 Exceptional Donor Award from the Foundation for Barnes-Jewish Hospital. This honor would not be possible without our supporters. Thank you for continuing the fight against this terrible disease.
We are a family of eight children who lost our Mom, Patricia Schellhardt Malone, to metastatic melanoma on June 21, 2007, the first day of summer. She was only 65 years old, a mother of eight, and a grandmother of twelve. For over two years, she fought against this cancer, a disease without a cure or even an effective treatment. Her battle was a difficult one, metastatic melanoma shows no mercy. In honor of her life, our family has started OUR M.O.M., INC. (Our Mark On Melanoma). Our Mom's children are now dedicated to help prevent, detect, and cure this deadly form of skin cancer.
Prevent - Our goal is to educate people on the importance of protecting their skin. Our message includes wearing sunscreen at all times in the sun.
Prevent, Sponsored by Stifel Nicolaus
Detect - We are pleased to continue the "Scan Your Skin" Campaign this year. It is imperative to know your skin by doing a self-skin exam every month and visiting a doctor once a year.
Detect, Sponsored by Villa Lighting
Cure - Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, Our M.O.M., Inc. has donated $180,000 to aid research for an effective treatment and hopefully a cure of melanoma.
SEVENTH ANNUAL MILES OVER MELANOMA
Online registration has ended but walk-ups are more than welcome on Saturday!
- Saturday, May 10, 2014
- Queeny Park, St. Louis, MO
- 4 mile walk/run
- Registration 9a, Timed Run 10a, Walk 11a
- Educational Booths
- Dermatologist available to answer questions
- T-shirts, Catered Lunch & Drinks, Music, Children's Activities, & Much More!
- Register by April 25th to ensure a t-shirt & lunch
- Adults/$30; Kids/$15
- Walk-Ups Welcome - cannot guarantee t-shirt & lunch
At the event, if you'd like us to honor a melanoma fighter or remember someone special who lost their battle to melanoma, please email Maria at email@example.com
Each May, on the Saturday before Mother's Day, Our M.O.M., Inc. hosts Miles Over Melanoma, a run/walk surrounded by a family-friendly atmosphere, including catered lunch and drinks, music, children's activities, and much more. Educational booths are set up with free sunscreen, educational material, and a dermatologist is available to answer questions. At the event, Our M.O.M., Inc. will honor melanoma fighters and survivors or your loved ones who lost their battle.
If you would like to donate to melanoma research and awareness, remember all donations are tax deductible. Proceeds benefit melanoma research at Washington University School of Medicine and Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, MO and also directly benefit Our M.O.M., Inc.'s education campaign on how to prevent and detect melanoma. Our M.O.M., Inc. also supports the Melanoma Research Foundation.