We are a family of eight children who lost our Mom, Patricia Schellhardt Malone, to metastatic melanoma on June 21, 2007, the first day of summer. She was only 65 years old, a mother of eight, and a grandmother of twelve. For over two years, she fought against this cancer, a disease without a cure or even an effective treatment. Her battle was a difficult one, metastatic melanoma shows no mercy. In honor of her life, our family has started OUR M.O.M., INC. (Our Mark On Melanoma). Our Mom's children are now dedicated to help prevent, detect, and cure this deadly form of skin cancer.
Prevent - Our goal is to educate people on the importance of protecting their skin. Our message includes wearing sunscreen at all times in the sun.
Prevent, Sponsored by Stifel Nicolaus
Detect - We are pleased to continue the "Scan Your Skin" Campaign this year. It is imperative to know your skin by doing a self-skin exam every month and visiting a doctor once a year.
Detect, Sponsored by Villa Lighting
Cure - Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, Our M.O.M., Inc. has donated $210,000 to aid research for an effective treatment and hopefully a cure of melanoma.
MILES OVER MELANOMA
- Saturday, May 9, 2015
- Queeny Park, St. Louis, MO
- Register online now
- Print a registration form
- Want to be a Sponsor of the 8th Annual Miles Over Melanoma?
- 4 mile walk/run
- Registration 9a, Timed Run 10a, Walk 11a
- Educational Booths
- Dermatologist available to answer questions
- T-shirts, Catered Lunch & Drinks, Music, Children's Activities, & Much More!
- Register by April 25th to ensure a t-shirt & lunch
- Adults/$30; Kids/$15
- Walk-Ups Welcome - cannot guarantee t-shirt & lunch
At the event, if you'd like us to honor a melanoma fighter or remember someone special who lost their battle to melanoma, please email Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org