KEEPING YOU UP-TO-DATE
- REGISTER NOW: The 7th Annual Miles Over Melanoma will be Saturday, May 10, 2014 at Queeny Park in St. Louis, MO. More details below in the Our Events section.
- Our M.O.M., Inc. is the winner of the 2012 Exceptional Donor Award from the Foundation for Barnes-Jewish Hospital. This honor would not be possible without our supporters. Thank you for continuing the fight against this terrible disease.
Every person, no matter their gender, race, or age can develop melanoma, but there are certain factors that increase the chance of melanoma developing:
- Sunlight and Tanning Beds (UV Rays)
- Bad sunburns as a child or an adult
- Moles on the skin
- Fair skin (there is less melanin to protect the skin)
- Blonde, red, or light brown hair
- Blue eyes
- Family history of any skin cancer