KEEPING YOU UP-TO-DATE
- The 7th Annual Miles Over Melanoma was a huge success! Thanks for your continued support as we fight this deadly form of skin cancer. Remember: prevention and detection will save your life!
- Our M.O.M., Inc. is the winner of the 2012 Exceptional Donor Award from the Foundation for Barnes-Jewish Hospital. This honor would not be possible without our supporters. Thank you for continuing the fight against this terrible disease.
Every person, no matter their gender, race, or age can develop melanoma, but there are certain factors that increase the chance of melanoma developing:
- Sunlight and Tanning Beds (UV Rays)
- Bad sunburns as a child or an adult
- Moles on the skin
- Fair skin (there is less melanin to protect the skin)
- Blonde, red, or light brown hair
- Blue eyes
- Family history of any skin cancer